Our top five uses for organic Coconut oil.
The saturated fats found within coconut oil have anti-bacterial properties that help control parasites and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as (IBS) irritable bowel syndrome.
The fat in coconut oil also helps in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around.
Try using coconut oil in all you’re cooking, use it as a replacement for butter and sunflower oil. It can also be used instead of butter on bread.
Fitness and weight-loss:
Did you know that coconut oil is the world’s only natural low calorie fat?
Coconut oil has been proven to stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function, and increase energy levels, all of which help decrease your unwanted fat, while increasing muscle.
Coconut oil makes a fantastic full body moisturiser, and helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, simply apply to your skin and rub in. Coconut oil also has a natural SPF of approximately 4.
Coconut oil is great as a hair and scalp conditioner.
Massage the oil onto your scalp and comb through your hair at bedtime. Cover with a shower cap or just put a towel on your pillow and leave the oil in your hair over night. Wash your hair the next morning making sure you get rid of all the oil, the results are fantastic.
Pre and Pro Shaving Cream:
Use as a pre-shave skin prep. Coconut oil is a great to use as preparation for the pending damage caused by shaving like razor burn. Use coconut oil as an aftershave.
Coconut oil will help heal your skin after shaving without clogging pores. Try adding a couple of drops of essential oil, to enhance its skin healing properties.
Sorry, Coconut oil is only available to buy in store.
Don’t be Coconut Shy – 52 Uses for Coconut Oil
• Eat a spoonful when you need an energy boost
• Use it as the base for a homemade body scrub
• Use to condition your wooden cutting boards
• Use as a super conditioner on your hair (apply to dry hair, leave in as long as possible and then shampoo as normal)
• Use as a styling agent if you have really dry hair. Just rub a tiny bit on your palms and apply to your hair and style as normal
• Keep a little container in your purse for lip moisturiser
• Add a spoonful to your dog or cat’s food. Coconut Oil is great for our furry friends!
• Replace nasty, unhealthy vegetable oils in your cooking and baking with Coconut Oil
• Make healthy ice cream topping
• Use it for oil pulling
• Use a tiny dab on your underarms for a natural deodorant
• Use coconut oil instead of shaving cream
• Add to your bath tub for a moisturising soak (a drop of peppermint oil is wonderful!)
• Use Coconut Oil as a makeup remover
• Use it to help sooth chicken pox, shingles, or other rashes or skin irritations
• Use it to treat athlete’s food, ringworm, or other fungal or yeast infections
• Take a spoonful with your vitamins to help improve absorption
• Spread a thin layer on cuts or burns to speed up healing
• Take up to 5 spoonful’s per day for improved thyroid function
• Add a spoonful to your smoothies for extra nutrition and flavour
• Use on the delicate tissue around your eyes to help prevent wrinkles and sagging
• Use as the base for homemade toothpaste or lotion
• Use Coconut Oil in place of massage oil
• Use Coconut Oil in place of KY Jelly
•Use Coconut Oil on your baby’s diaper rash or cradle cap
• Use to help reduce visibility of stretch marks or to prevent stretch marks
• For nursing mothers, use coconut oil on your nipples to prevent cracking and irritation
• For nursing mothers, consuming coconut oil will help increase your milk flow
• Apply Coconut Oil to bee stings or bug bites to soothe and heal the wound
• Women can use in the nether regions to relieve yeast infections, dryness, and/or discomfort
• Eat a spoonful with each meal to improve digestion
• If you’re prone to nosebleeds, coat the inside of your nostrils with coconut oil regularly
• Helps soothe and heal haemorrhoids
• Take to helps reduce or eliminate migraines
• Use as the base for a vapour rub
• Mixed with peppermint, lemon balm, rosemary, or tea tree oil makes an excellent insect repellent
• Mix with baking soda for a non-toxic “Goo Gone”
• Use Coconut Oil to help detox the body during a cleanse or fast
• Use Coconut Oil as a metal polish, but always test a small area first
• Use as a leather moisturizer • Season your cast iron pans
• Use to oil your pans and baking dishes instead of pan spray
• Got gum stuck in your hair? Try using coconut oil to remove without cutting your hair
• Use Coconut Oil instead of WD-40
• Use as a personal lubricant (not safe with latex)
• Take a spoonful to help with heartburn, acid reflux, or indigestion
• Use Coconut Oil as a natural sunscreen SPF 4
• Mix with a tiny bit of fresh lemon juice and use as a furniture polish (always test a small area first!)
• Mix Coconut Oil with butter and toss your popcorn in it
• Use on racked or rough heals to help smooth them out
• Massage Coconut Oil into your nails and cuticles to help strengthen them
• Use as the base for homemade chocolate candy
• Take a couple spoonful’s every day to help overall immune function .