Schuessler’s Tissue Salts
The 12 basic tissue salts that can be used on their own, or in a combination to treat a wide variety of ailments.
- Number 1: Calc fluor – Tissue elasticity restorer.
- Number 2: Calc phos – Cell restorer, healthy bones & teeth, lowered vitality, indigestion & chilblains.
- Number 3: Calc sulph – For skin ailments, slow healing wounds, blood purifier, purulent agent.
- Number 4: Ferr phos – Anti-inflammatory, fevers, throat & muscular soreness.
- Number 5: Kali mur – For congestion, coughs, colds or respiratory problems, anxiety, neuralgic pain.
- Number 6: Kali phos – Nerve and brain cell agent, nervous tension, depression and irritability, tantrums, exhaustion, impatience or feeling run down.
- Number 7: Kali sulph – Metabolism, pancreas conditioner, hair, skin and nails.
- Number 8: Mag phos – Pain and cramp killer, colic and flatulence, menstrual & muscular spasms, pounding headaches.
- Number 9: Nat mur – Water distributor.
- Number 10: Nat phos – Acidity neutraliser, stomach upsets or heartburn or mild rheumatic or gouty tendencies.
- Number 11: Nat sulf – Liver cleanser, biliousness, water retention, can aid the liver, spleen and kidneys.
- Number 12: Silica – Skin and connective tissue conditioner.
- Combination 12 – Combination of all 12 of the Tissues Salts
- Combination 5 – Combination of the 5 Phos Tissues Salts
- Combination H – Combination of Mag Phos, Nat Mur, Silica
- Combination J – Combination of Ferr Phos, Kali Mur, Nat Mur
- Combination K – Combination of Kali Sulph, Nat Mur, Silica
- Combination Q – Combination of Ferr Phos, Kali Mur, Kali Sulph, Nat Mur
History of the Tissue Salts Remedies
SAMUEL HAHNEMANN, whose genius divined the great importance of the inorganic cell salts as remedial agents of a high order, was the first who began thorough investigation into their pathogenetic effects and therapeutic uses. It was his provings of Lime and Salt and Potash and Silica that prepared the way for the rest of the Tissue Remedies, that showed what vast store-houses of medicinal force these inorganic substances are, although apparently inert in their crude state. It was he, who first pointed out how these forces could be unlocked and directed for therapeutic purposes. Later, in 1832, attention was called in a paper published in Stapf’s Archiv to the great importance as remedies of all the “essential component parts of the human body”, and again, in the same journal, in 1846: “All constituents of the human body principally act on those organs wherein they have a function. All fulfill their functions when they are the cause of symptoms.” This from the pen of that remarkable genius in the field of Materia Medica – Constantine Hering.
Later still, we find Grauvogl, in his Text-Book, taking some notice of these remarks and amplifying them; but it remained for Dr. Schussler, of Oldenburg, Germany, to develop these suggestions and make the idea foreshadowed in them the basis of, a “new system”. In March, 1873, an article, entitled “An Abridged Homeopathic Therapeutics”, from his pen, was published in a German Homeopathic journal, in which he says: “About a year ago I endeavored to discover by experiments on the sick if it were not possible to heal them, provided their diseases were curable at all, with those substances that are the natural, i. e., the physiological function-remedies.”. Of this no special notice seems to have been taken, until, five months subsequently, Dr. Lorbacher, of Leipzig, came out in the same journal with some critical considerations of it. This was followed by a reply from Schussler, which ran through seven numbers, giving a more detailed account of this “Abridged System of Homeopathic Therapeutics,” the important features of which are incorporated in this work. Read more…..