The body is not able to make vitamin C on its own, and it does not store vitamin C. It is therefore important to include a daily Vitamin C supplement or eat plenty of vitamin C rich foods in your daily diet.
[wp_eStore_category_products_fancy id=71 style=2 order=3]
Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body.
It is used to:
- Form an important protein used to make skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels.
- Heal wounds and form scar tissue.
- Repair and maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth.
Vitamin C is one of many antioxidants. Antioxidants are nutrients that block some of the damage caused by free radicals.
- Free radicals are made when your body breaks down food or when you are exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation.
- The buildup of free radicals over time is largely responsible for the aging process.
- Free radicals may play a role in cancer, heart disease, and conditions like arthritis.